Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tudor Costume and Fashion by Herbert Norris


I found this book at faire a few years ago and after having a look at it immediately knew I had to have it. So not long after I placed an order through the late Borders and have been enjoying it ever since. Absolutely bursting with black and white illustrations and a 22 page color insert, this doorstop thick book goes in depth about what folks from the height of nobility down to beggars and even a jester wore from the reign of Henry VII down to Elizabeth I. While it doesn't give instructions on how to make things yourself (sorry to all you sewers out there), the book is nonetheless one costume fetishists will no doubt want in their library. Even if you don't end up reading all of it (and I don't blame you if you don't, it's a huge 832 page read), pouring over the clothing eye candy every now and again definitely doesn't hurt, and maybe it'll inspire a new outfit for your faire visits this season! I give it 3 1/2 stars out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment